Across the globe, good corporate citizenship is a core value of The Boeing Company and integral to the way its business is conducted. Giving back to the communities in which we live and work is essential, and in Australia, this is no exception. Boeing in Australia provides grants to civic, environment, health and education organizations including:
- The Great Barrier Reef Foundation’s Junior Land and Sea Rangers Project supports and grows Junior Ranger activities across Indigenous Land and Sea Ranger groups in Queensland to ensure Indigenous perspectives and values for country are combined and integrated into educational programs.
- FIRST Australia and FIRST New Zealand are not simply about building robots! Student team members are equipped with skills such as leadership and collaboration through their love of innovation with real-world engineering project competitions.
- Landcare Australia’s Community Streamside Habitat Improvement Project works to improve the area and quality of habitat present along the rivers and creeks beside Adelaide Airport and the city, improving links between the coast and the Hills, by planting approximately 10,000 plants in conjunction with local community environmental groups and local government.
- The YMCA Canberra Space Squad introduces students in Years 7-9 to STEM career options in the Australian Space Industry, and provides hands-on opportunities to learn about design, engineering, robots, drone piloting and geo-mapping.
- Mission Australia provides services to reduce homelessness and strengthen communities across Australia, by helping people secure jobs, receive an education, find housing and develop important life skills.
- Beyond Blue is supported by both Boeing Defence Australia and Boeing Aerostructures Australia. Beyond Blue’s objective is an Australian community that understands depression and anxiety, empowering all Australians, at any life-stage, to seek help.
- Military and veterans organizations: Click to learn more.
Boeing Australia employees also support charities throughout the year during fundraising or awareness drives. Further, Boeing employees can make contributions to charities through Boeing’s workplace giving program.
Being part of a community also means being there when times get tough, and Boeing has played a part in making financial donations to communities at times of great need in Australia.
At Boeing Australia, whether it’s with civic organisations or during times of emergency, our 3000-plus employees are here to help.